Friday 8 June 2012

Some (slightly) older pics

So, as I am on a roll....as in started the blog, so I may as well carry on...and the red wine is flowing, I thought I would share a few other pics.

A couple of weeks ago I happened to end up under ground in an old quarry, with the camera of course! This place has not been worked since the late 1800's (and the sheer quantity of ceiling that has ended up on the floor just goes to show!) and in my opinion this just goes to show that you never know what is under your feet....

Anyhoo, a couple of pics for your approval







I should say at this point that the cave in the first pic is pretty dangerous, over the last 100 years or so a hell of a lot of stuff has fallen and is falling still.  Rumour has it that the second cave is haunted, to me it was just bloody dark and very reminiscent of the Mines of Moria.........You shall not pass!!

So I shall move on now to other things....there may be a few more older pics coming as the red wine flows...

No comments:

Post a Comment