Thursday 9 August 2012

Knaresborough Tree Sculpture

A while ago there was a report on TV about some mysterious sculptures appearing in the woods in Knaresborough, no-one knew where they came from, who did them, or even why they did them....until they found the artist who did them whose words were.....'I don't know how they didn't see me, I was there for weeks, with scaffolding....and chainsaws....not exactly quiet'

Anyway, these sculptures caught my eye, they are in a word, amazing.  This guy has the most amazing talent.  The only down side for me is that there are only 3... so plenty of angles had to be used...






One of the best things about these sculptures is the way they seem to emerge from the earth, carved from fallen or dead trees to watch over the forest.








Such an amazing level of detail, and to think that this was all done with chain saws, nothing else, just chain saws






No comments:

Post a Comment