Saturday 18 August 2012

Lytham War Weekend 1

So, the other day i heard about another WWII weekend happening, following on from my visit to the one at Ramsbottom (see earlier posts!!!) This one was in Lytham, aka Lytham St Annes, really beautiful part of the world, lovely seaside town and well suited to host a war time weekend.

So in this post (yes, you guessed it, there will be many) I shall start with the people...these people spend their time dressing up in period costume and re-enacting times gone by...and I so want to join them....

So on with the pictures...


A pair of British 'Tommys' on patrol


Ah, the civvies and service personnel get together


I am camouflaged, you cannot see me, I am the ninja pensioner


Airborne all the way baby


I like zis von, vot do you think Hans???


zos bastards better not be slacking ov sohopping or zer vill be trouble


I know, looks superimposed, but honestly, it isnt


Hahahaha the Allies, no my friend they are no threat



So we move from Lytham to the desert rats...where is Monty????


Resistance and the Allied forces


So, there was my first post, there will be many more from this fantastic weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment